San Diego / Orange County
Dr. Miguel MarreroRequest an Appointment
Position: Associate Reproductive Endocrinologist
Branch: San Diego y Orange County
Specialty: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine
• B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Puerto Rico, Michigan State University.
• M.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
• Internship: New York University Medical Center (Obstetrics & Gynecology).
• Residency: Indiana University Medical Center (Obstetrics & Gynecology).
• Fellowship: Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine (Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility).
• Staff Physician OBGYN at AltaMed Medical Group.
• Previously operated a Private Solo Practice (Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and Medical Weight Loss).
• Former Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at Duquesne University School of Health Sciences.
• Previous roles include Medical Director at A&R Health Services, Accessible Recovery Services, and The Fertility Center at St. Clair Memorial.
• American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
• Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Part I.
• Physician’s Recognition Award in Continuing Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
• Fountain Valley Regional Hospital.
• Orange County Global Medical Center.
California, Florida, Pennsylvania
Dr. Marrero has extensive experience in research related to progesterone receptor activation, embryo culture, proteins associated with the progesterone receptor complex, and more.
Dr. Marrero has presented numerous professional seminars and is the author of multiple publications in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Miguel A. Marrero, a seasoned medical professional from Newport Beach, California, is recognized for his extensive contributions in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive endocrinology, and infertility. Born in Coamo, Puerto Rico, Dr. Marrero is fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Dr. Marrero's journey in the medical field began with his education. He received a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico and Michigan State University, followed by an M.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Marrero gained comprehensive hands-on experience during his internship at New York University Medical Center and his residency at Indiana University Medical Center, both in Obstetrics and Gynecology. His specialized training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility was carried out at the prestigious Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine.
Dr. Marrero has a rich professional history. He currently serves as a Staff Physician OBGYN at AltaMed Medical Group. Prior to this, he ran a successful private practice in Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and Medical Weight Loss in Pittsburgh, PA. His academic pursuits include an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professorship at Duquesne University School of Health Sciences. He held multiple positions as a Medical Director and later held leadership roles at The Western Pennsylvania institute for Reproductive Medicine and Technology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, and as Medical and Laboratory Director at The Fertility Center at St. Clair Memorial Hospital.
Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Marrero also holds medical licenses in California, Florida, and Pennsylvania. He is affiliated with the Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and the Orange County Global Medical Center.
As a respected scholar, Dr. Marrero has presented numerous professional seminars and authored multiple publications in his field. He has a strong interest in research, particularly in areas related to progesterone receptor activation and embryo culture.
Over the course of his esteemed career, Dr. Marrero has leveraged his knowledge and expertise to make significant strides in obstetrics and gynecology, paving the way for advancements in women's health.